Thursday, February 19, 2015

Having faith...

Today is a difficult day.
Today, we take our daughter Emily for some pretty important tests, the results could be life changing. I'm quickly drawn to The Lord during dark times. he is my Comfort & Strength.

Faith is mentioned many times in the Bible. Many people in the Bible displayed their faith in many ways. Ways I cannot comprehend. Abraham was called to have faith as he offered his son Isaac as a sacrifice. A sacrifice that as a mom or dad we can't imagine... But he did and God was faithful.
It is a concept that is difficult to wrap your mind around.

What meaning does the dictionary give for faith?
Faith (noun) : firm belief in something for which there is no proof: complete trust
Faith (verb) : believe, trust

Both of those definitions can be interpreted different ways. But I also know the dictionary was written by man. Who says there's no proof? I feel as though there are times in my life that I can see my faith. My faith in Him.

According to Hebrews 11:1 
 Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Again, difficult to wrap your mind around. But I know it's true, scripture is real. It says in 2 Timothy 3:16 that all scripture in God-breathed.

Like I said today is tough, it's as though we must turn Emily over as a sacrifice, but we also need to remember what our God says. To trust Him, deeply.
When I look at this particular situation, what I see makes no sense. My mommy heart can't understand, but now is not the time to question. Now is the time to have faith.

2 Corinthians 4:18 says,
So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

I'm making an intentional effort to see faith as a verb. I believe and I trust Him.

Today, I cling to this....

We live by faith, not by sight.~ 2 Corinthians 5:7




No comments:

Post a Comment